LOCATION: Hybrid/Newark, NJ
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $75-80K *signing bonus*
Provides comprehensive community health nursing services to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program. Responsible for maintaining the highest standards in clinical nursing practice and adherence to the NFP model, policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Provides home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP Program.
- Adheres to the NFP model of home visitation.
- Carries a case load of up to 25 clients.
- Successfully achieves reliability with NCAST Feeding and Teaching Scales.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with women in a home visiting environment.
- Assesses physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains.
- Assists women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provides education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals.
- Actively engages in skill building to meet NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
- Utilizes reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Attends and participates in bi-weekly case conferences and staff meetings.
- Provides information to support staff for timely and accurate data input to the NFP CIS.
- Represents the NFP vision, mission and model in actions
- Assists in creating a positive work environment that promotes productivity, mentoring, teamwork and cooperation.
- Elicits and considers differing viewpoints when analyzing issues.
- Maintains clear, effective and open communication with internal and external colleagues.
- Creates, maintains and supports a safe environment for open discussion.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Handles other assignments as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science degree required
- Bilingual (Arabic/English or Spanish/English) preferred
- Current RN license (in good standing) required
- Current CPR is required
- Two years experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or mental/behavioral nursing preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy
All PMCH employees must comply with the guidelines of PMCH’s Immunization Policy.