Healthy habits begin early. We offer a variety of programs that instill healthy habits in teens and good decision-making skills. We also help families improve communication to build strong relationships with their pre-teen and teens.
TOP promotes positive youth development by teaching teens and pre-teens how to avoid risky behaviors that may hinder growth and achievement. We utilize Wyman’s evidence-based Teen Outreach Program® (TOP®) curriculum to educate youth, ages 10-14 on adolescent pregnancy prevention using a sexual risk avoidance education approach. This school-based program focuses on:
- The importance of decision making, problem-solving and goal-setting.
- Education on preventing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and HIV.
- Forming healthy relationships, including peer communication, identity, and self-awareness.
- Connecting to communities by participating in Community Service Learning (CSL).
- Establishing an intention to make positive choices such as avoiding risky sexual behavior and substance abuse.
Teen Programs are funded by the New Jersey Department of Health. We lead these initiatives in Essex, Hudson, and Passaic counties. For information on hosting a program at your school or community organization, please call 973-372-4353.