LOCATION: Newark/Hybrid, NJ- Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $80-90K *signing bonus*
JOB SUMMARY: Provide comprehensive community health nursing services to people who have given birth and their infants during the postpartum period. Reports to the Nurse Supervisor and works in a team environment of clinical and non-clinical staff to provide home visits and support families in the community using the Family Connects International home visit protocol.
- Conduct in-person home visits for families during the postpartum period. Complete/document maternal and newborn physical and systematic assessment of family strengths, risks, and needs.
- Complete the Family Connects International model required training and participate in ongoing training webinars and professional development training.
- Build and maintain a caseload of 30 families per month, providing 1-3 visits per family within the 12-week postpartum period.
- Utilize reflective practice in weekly supervisory sessions.
- Utilize the nursing process to assess, plan, and document families’ physical, emotional, social, and environmental needs. Provide anticipatory and supportive guidance to families.
- Assess mother and newborn physical health, infant attachment, intimate partner violence, substance use disorders, perinatal mood disorders, and connection to health and community services. Provide referrals to needed and desired community services for families.
- Contribute to and participate in case conferences, quarterly reviews, and other activities to support the delivery of services with quality and fidelity.
- Collaborate with outreach staff regarding community referral sources. Support the program to develop and maintain community and provider referral sources.
- Assist with mentoring new nursing staff and invite new nurses to conduct shadow visits during orientation for new nursing staff.
- Stay informed of current healthcare developments to provide safe, quality nurse home visiting services.
- Complete appropriate documentation accurately and submit documentation on time.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to the ANA and NJ nursing process and standards, code of ethics, HIPAA confidentiality standards, and the FCI home visitation model.
- Handles other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
- Current NJ RN license required (in good standing)
- BLS certification
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Portuguese)
- Preferred two years of experience providing maternal/child health service in community settings, home visitation, OB-GYN nursing, neonatal and/or pediatric nursing, labor and delivery, adult mental health.
- Experience working with diverse populations, communities, and organizations. Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong initiative and follow through with an enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various agencies and stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills and ability to be self-directed in accomplishing responsibilities.
- Strong documentation skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills